They celebrated their anniversary with drinks and dinner at a restaurant. Then they came home and continued to drink reminiscing their early days and the early struggles. The more he drank, the more she poured him larger drinks while pouring herself smaller ones.

To his last drink she mixed a portion of cough syrup which poured down his throat. She suggested he take a bath to clear his head. She watched him make his way to the bathroom. She heard him begin to struggle in the bathtub. Finally, it was quiet.

She finished the rest of the bottle, and then took a swig from the cough syrup herself. Without bothering to undress, she lay down and went to sleep.

The maid found the body and called the cops. The coroner ruled it, “accidental death due to alcohol overdose”. They told her she way lucky.

If only they knew.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s